Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to the Rudy '56 page!

Climb aboard the Busted Knuckle Express with me as I try to finish my Dad's hot rod.






Over the last few evenings I've been locating, identifying and sorting the parts and tools in the garage. The car has pretty much just been sitting there for the last seven years and things seem to move around as time goes by. Dad's organization system was somewhat of mystery at times, but I think I have everything pretty much squared away. 

Let me preface all of this by saying that I have never enjoyed working on cars, I've just always had to -- usually in the rain or hundred degree sun, which is probably why I never got into it like my dad wanted.

I am sure that was a disappointment to my dad, who loved old cars and working on them, and that makes this is even more important for me to finish in his honor.

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment by everything that's happening, so if you see where I'm doing something wrong or can shout out a suggestion, please feel free!

So, let's take a look, shall we?






That's about the size of things. The plan is to start from the rear and move forward, but first I have to get the wiring laid out.

Here we go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment