Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Rudy has been sitting for a few days waiting for me to get a 'round tuit'. I'm sure I'll find one eventually. But I've been looking at the Rudy, and doing some research, and last weekend Cuz came over and we sorted parts - we (mainly Cuz while I sat on my butt) even managed to get a few things done:

A new antenna, and

New trim on the front passenger fender.

I have trim for the driver side, but it looks like I have the wrong pointed piece at the front so I'll need to order one if I can't find the correct one around here somewhere.

I'm still looking at the wiring. The 18 circuit fusebox is much larger than the original, so I'm thinking of removing the clutch pedal and mounting it there. Need to do more research first, though. Anyway, the mounting bracket that comes with the kit is nowhere to be found.

Painless wiring my ass. This is probably why Dad stopped at this point in the first place. He was trying to wedge a comically huge fusebox in where there was originally a flat board, no bigger than a cell-phone.

I've also toyed with the idea of mounting the fusebox under the hood in a waterproof enclosure. That would solve the space issue and make it more accessible at the same time. If you have a suggestion, please toss it out there.






1 comment: